Garcelle Beauvais & ‘RHOBH’ Costars Slam Fans Attacking Their Children – Deadline

Date:

Garcelle Beauvais gets support from some of her The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills costars after her son was brutally attacked on social media.

Beauvais’ 14-year-old twin boys have been featured on the Bravo reality series since the actor joined the franchise in Season 10, while Season 12 is currently on air. On Tuesday, Beauvais’ son Jax was targeted by online trolls who left hateful messages on his Instagram account.

The Coming to America actor took to Twitter to blast the despicable comments and beg fans to leave her son alone.

“I am usually a very strong woman. I was raised to be strong, my life taught me to be strong, but when it comes to my kids!” she tweeted. “It hurts, it’s not okay. I’ve been in tears all night, it’s just a TV show, people are yelling at your TV, throwing something at your TV, but leave our kids alone.”

Despite Lisa Rinna being at odds with Beauvais on the show, Days of our lives Alum can empathize with the situation as her daughters have also been subjected to online harassment from some fans over the years. Rinna took to Instagram Stories to denounce the cheeky comments against the kids.

“We are doing a TV show. We try to entertain you. Why can’t you treat it like wrestling for God’s sake? Love us, love hate, but leave the kids alone,” she wrote.

Rinna said the messages addressed to Beauvais’ son were “disgusting and unacceptable” and cited other examples, such as what was said about her own children, Kyle Richards’ daughter, Portia, and Erika Jayne’s son.

“The children – all our children should be off limits, so stop now. Enough is enough,” she added.

Richards didn’t respond immediately, but she did share an image that read: “Okay, let’s get one thing straight. Bullying the children of the housewives is not okay. It is never okay to attack a child. Is your life so empty? If so, get help. You should be ashamed.”

Beauvais shared a post on Instagram with a screenshot of her tweet showing her RHOBH costars used to show their support.

“Leave them alone,” Crystal Kung-Minkoff replied.

“NOT OK!” Dorit Kemsley also replied.

“We love you Jax!” Sutton Stracke added.

“Disgusting and unacceptable,” Kathy Hilton said.

Jax would later give a sample of the messages he was exposed to and many were in the name of Diana Jenkins, another housewife who worked during the current season of RHOBH. Jenkins has not made a public comment about the hate speech Beauvais’ son is getting. However, she is active on social media and shares the birthday wishes she has received.

Beauvais notified fans on August 24 with a message from her son Jax.

“Well, I’d like to start by saying I’m still a kid and don’t want to be seen as a full grown adult because I’m not,” the message read. “It’s currently my first week in high school and instead of enjoying it like most kids at my school, I’m dealing with being attacked on social media.”

Jax continued, “I didn’t sign up for this show, nor do I have anything to do with the drama of the show. I just want to be a normal kid.”

He also said the “purpose” of his “Instagram account is not for publicity or the public eye, but to be seen by my colleagues as just another kid.” However, due to the trolling, he would make his account private.

“The constant support from everyone makes it much more bearable. But middle-aged women spamming me with racist and rude comments about my family is not what I expected for my first week of high school,” he concluded. “Thank you for all the positive responses. It really means a lot to me.”

UPDATE: Jenkins updated her Instagram with the online comments her costar’s son has received despite not mentioning them.

“I am shocked by recent comments directed at the child of one of my fellow human beings RHOBH cast members,” she wrote. “No one should be treated like this, especially children. Unfortunately, this was not the first time RHOBH children had been attacked. This has to stop. Leave our children alone.”

UPDATE 18:43: Bravo posted a statement on social media denouncing the shameful messages to the families of the housewives.

“We are shocked and appalled at the social comments directed at Garcelle’s son,” the statement said. “We urge our viewers and social followers not to target our cast and their families with harmful rhetoric.”


The Valley Voice
The Valley Voicehttp://thevalleyvoice.org
Christopher Brito is a social media producer and trending writer for The Valley Voice, with a focus on sports and stories related to race and culture.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related