Odell Beckham Jr. removed from flight, causes delay at Miami airport after incident with crew, per police

Date:

Days before the official start of his free during the season tour, Odell Beckham Jr. literally grounded. According to the Miami-Dade Police Department, the wide receiver was taken from Miami to Los Angeles on Sunday after an incident with the flight crew.

At approximately 9:30 a.m., Miami-Dade Police Department officers were dispatched to a medical emergency on an American Airlines flight. The flight crew became concerned for a passenger (Mr Odell Beckham), when they tried to wake him up to fasten his seatbelt, he appeared to be coming in and out of consciousness before their departure. Fearing that Mr. Beckham was seriously ill and that his condition would worsen during the expected 5-hour flight, the servants called the police and fire brigade. Upon the officer’s arrival, the flight crew asked Mr. Beckham several times to leave the plane, which he refused. The plane was taken off the plane, after which Mr. Beckham was asked by the officers to leave the plane, and he did so without incident. Mr Beckham was escorted by the officers to the non-secure area of ​​the terminal where he made other arrangements.

Officers were initially sent to the airport for a “medical emergency”, with Beckham reportedly “appearing to be coming in and out of consciousness” while on the plane for its scheduled takeoff. Eventually, the plane was evacuated and Beckham was escorted out and through the airfield without incident.

The American Airlines crew was “concerned for … Beckham when they tried to wake him up to fasten his seatbelt,” police said. “Fearing that Mr. Beckham was seriously ill and that his condition would worsen during the expected five-hour flight, the servants called for police and fire services.” Upon arrival, the officers allegedly asked Beckham to leave the plane several times, and the wide receiver refused. However, after all the other passengers had disembarked, Beckham agreed to leave and so did seen walking with police escort out of the gate area and into the terminal, ‘where he made other arrangements’.

Beckham was not officially cited or detained as part of the incident. However, several people who claimed to be on his flight complained on social media that his behavior caused delays. US airlines released the following statement“Flight 1228, serving Miami to Los Angeles, returned to the gate for takeoff because a customer failed to follow the crew member’s instructions and refused to fasten his seatbelt. The customer was removed and the flight departed at 10:00 am: 54 hours again. am local time”, about an hour and a half after the scheduled start.

Beckham has only addressed the events indirectly via Twitter, tweet sunday: “Never in my life have I experienced what just happened to me … I’ve seen it all.” His lawyer, Daniel Davillier, has since then Beckham’s role has been downplayed at the incident:

Earlier today, Odell Beckham Jr. without any problems boarding a morning flight in Miami. The flight was delayed after boarding and before takeoff. Mr. Beckham fell asleep with his blanket over his head, which is his habit on long flights. He was awake [sic] and told that the plane was back at the gate and he had to get off the plane because he hadn’t put on his seatbelt when asked. He replied that he was asleep and that he would put on his seat belt at that time. He was told it was too late and either he would have to get off the plane or everyone would have to get off the plane.

The overzealous flight attendant insisted on getting everyone off the plane instead of simply allowing Mr. Beckham to fasten his seatbelt and continue with the flight. At no point was Mr. Beckham disruptive or belligerent. He was willing to comply with the seatbelt requirement, but the flight attendant wanted to prove he had authority to have Mr. Beckham removed from the flight. The airline sent Mr. Beckham’s luggage to Los Angeles without him.

That incident was unnecessary. Sleeping on an airplane should not be a reason to be removed from a flight.

The off-field controversy comes just days before his scheduled visit to the Cowboys, who have publicly courted his services as he plans to return to the field. The former Rams standout, who has yet to play in 2022 due to a torn ACL in February, is also scheduled to visit the Giants and Bills in the near future.


The Valley Voice
The Valley Voicehttp://thevalleyvoice.org
Christopher Brito is a social media producer and trending writer for The Valley Voice, with a focus on sports and stories related to race and culture.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related