Prosecutors in Britain have cleared additional charges against actor Kevin Spacey, including three counts of sexual assault linked to incidents alleged to have taken place between 2001 and 2004.
Rosemary Ainslie, head of the Crown Prosecution Service’s Special Crime Division, said in a press release on Wednesday that Spacey faces a total of seven additional charges, including one charge of “causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent” and three charges of assault of honorability. The CPS statement said the new charges related to alleged sexual assault against one man.
Spacey, 63, has already faced a number of assault charges in the UK. Authorities announced in May that prosecutors had given permission criminal charges against the actor, with counts coming from alleged incidents involving three men between March 2005 and April 2013. In July, Spacey appeared before a UK court, where a lawyer for the actor said he would “strongly accept any and all crime denied in this case”. .” A trial has been set for June 6, 2023.
An Oscar-winning actor, Spacey has had a deep career since he was first accused of sexual misconduct in 2017. Actor Anthony Rapp told BuzzFeed News that Spacey made a sexual advance on him at a party when Rapp, now 51 , 14 laundry. and Spacey was 26. After the article was published, Spacey said in a statement on social media that he was “beyond shocked” by the accusation but did not remember the alleged incident. “If I then behaved as he describes, I owe him my sincerest apologies for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior,” Spacey wrote.
After the explosive BuzzFeed report, more than a dozen others accused Spacey of sexual misconduct, and some of the alleged incidents led to legal action. In 2019, he pleaded not guilty to a charge of assault and indecent assault after being accused of groping an 18-year-old man in a Nantucket bar in 2016. complaining witness.” A California massage therapist charged Spacey with sexual assault and assault in 2018, but the case was dismissed after the accuser died prior to trial. Rapp sued Spacey in civil court in 2020, accusing the actor of assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Last month, a New York jury ruled that Spacey was not liable in the $40 million lawsuit.
Spacey’s entertainment projects have dwindled considerably since the barrage of allegations against him. He was fired from Netflix’s ‘House of Cards’ in 2017, for which he had received 10 Emmy nominations, ahead of the show’s sixth season. In August, a Los Angeles judge ordered the disgraced actor to pay $30 million in damages and other fees to the producers of the political drama.